Let Me Know You Were here!! :)

Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Well now...in just a few hours, we'll be on our way to "The States". We're spending Christmas in Saginaw with my parents this year. My youngest son, Jeremy, and his significant other, Shauna, are joining us on Christmas Eve. Should be fun...it's been a long time since I've spent the holidays with my family. I wish my oldest son and his family could be there as well!!
It's been a busy day. Had an appointment with the chiropractor first thing this morning, and my back is healing nicely. Still very uncomfortable, but now it's just a waiting game. After my appointment, I went over for a "cuppa" tea with my elderly friend Jeanie, and polished off a plate of sausage rolls. They are soooooo good...but I think she doubled the garlic this time. After our visit, I came home to do some baking. Managed to get a blueberry pie and 2 pumpkin pies done before noon, and started on a batch of thumbprint cookies and 2 loaves of banana nut bread. I'm done....no more baking this year.
After dinner...John and I had eggnog milk shakes. And, of course, to make them properly, you have to over-load them with coconut rum. They're awesome!!!! A nice treat!!
I haven't crocheted in several days, and I'm starting to have "withdrawals". I have so many orders to fill!!! But...since Oggie Dog isn't coming with us tomorrow, I'll be able to crochet on the way down. His place on every road trip is on my lap...makes crocheting difficult. But... I'll miss him!!! He's visiting his best buddy Ryan, the Sheltie, for a few days. And I'm sure he'll have a great time!! (Probably more fun than we'll have!!)
Well, better get to bed! MERRY CHRISTMAS! And be safe out there! I'll see you in a few days....

No comments: