Let Me Know You Were here!! :)

Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis The Season....


Every year I make the same resolution...to be ready for the holidays by the 1st of December. What a joke! I'm beginning to realize just how over rated the Christmas season is. We need to get back to basics, and re-discover the meaning of the season.

Have you watched television lately??? No wonder the world is depressed this time of year. We watch the old movies...where everyone is gathered around the tree....while Grandma is in the kitchen preparing the holiday meal. Home made baked goods are strategically placed throughout the house...and everyone is dressed in their "Sunday best". Does this happen any more??? Believe it or not, I can remember growing up with this type of holiday gathering....back in the late 50's. Now, everything is so commercial....there are no values. We are a selfish society.

I feel better now!!! But...I will make the same resolution for next year....maybe I'll just win the battle and actually SUCCEED!!!!!

Time to get back to my baked goods...I'm working on some brownies. Stop on over for a "cuppa joe".

No comments: