Let Me Know You Were here!! :)

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


Today is my Mother's 81st birthday...bless her heart!! I called yesterday to wish her a "Happy Birthday"....and hear of her plans for today. Nothing special going on....but my Dad is taking her to Applebee's for dinner. I sent her a card and will pick something "special" up for her on the next trip down. Lord knows she certainly doesn't need anything...but that's not the point.

I'm between shifts and have to go back to work at 5:00. It's been about 3 weeks of split shifts and I'm starting to "feel it". I guess I'm not as young as I used to be...but I'll never admit to that.

Called my "sweet-heart" when I got home and he was having lunch in Perry Sound. Should be home in another 2-3 hours. He camped all week-end at the Barrie Flea Market....so I imagine he'll be glad to get home and spend the night in his own bed.

Took Oggie for his walk and fed the kitties. They've all settled down for a nap...(wish I could join them!!) But...I should be good and tired around 9:00 p.m....and you can bet it will be "early to bed" tonight!!!

Think I'll go throw a round on that mock ear flap hat. No...I still haven't finished it. But I'll be sure to share it with you when I'm done!!!
P.S.
Oh...by the way...this is my Mom and her brother, Nelson. This particular picture was taken in July when we went to visit him at Marwood Manor in Port Huron, Michigan. I believe he's now 86 years "young"...but the poor soul is suffering from Alzheimer's. What a terrible, terrible disease...I think much harder on the family than the individual themselves.

Enjoy your Sunday... :)

No comments: